Development Administrative Assistant
JFS Houston (Jewish Family Service) is a respected social service United Way agency in southwest Houston which provides a variety of services to individuals experiencing difficulties through employment services, disability services, counseling/behavioral health services, senior services, disaster recovery and community services. JFS seeks a well-rounded individual as Development Assistant to be involved in all facets of JFS Houston's fundraising operations.
Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Chief Development Officer, will maintain department systems and support the needs of the Development Team which includes Development Events, Legacy Giving, Communications/Marketing Coordinator, Grants Manager and Manager of Volunteers.
Position is full time (40 hours/week, Monday to Thursday 8:30 - 5:30 (one hour for lunch) and Fridays 8:30 - 4:00 p.m. Occasional nights / Sundays for select events may be required. Excellent Benefits.
- Bachelor's degree: may be substituted by experience.
- At least three years prior administrative experience
- At least intermediate level proficiency with Raiser's Edge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Gracious customer service style
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the Jewish Community is a benefit
- Experience working in development office a benefit
- Ability to lift twenty pounds
- Experience with Microsoft 365 a benefit
- Ability to manipulate and transfer email lists on various platforms
- Excellent letter formatting and mail merge abilities
- Basic social media skills a benefit
- Data entry and maintenance
- Meeting arrangements and set up
- Donation letters / receipts processing
- Event registration
- Online transaction uploads
- Creation of donor lists and mailing lists
- Donor relations
- Budget tracking and records for events
- Mailing management
- Workplace campaign (UW and Jewish Federation) support
- Administrative support for annual FRIENDS campaign
- Administrative support for annual gala such as registrations, auctions and tribute journals
- Proofing materials
- Supporting CDO as required
- General clerical work for the department as assigned by immediate supervisor, and Development Resources Manager.
- Maintaining databases for special projects
- Board interaction on specific campaigns
- Management of legacy gift recognition and stewardship
- Copy updates on Website
This is a position which requires on site attendance. The employee will be able to provide not only needed administrative assistance but will be able to make significant contributions to create an efficient and energized system of donor stewardship and information to reach the department's goals in order to help our clients.
Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. We will not consider any candidates who do not have the qualifications related to Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Suite.