Raising children in these times can stress even the best of parents. It is reasonable to have questions and concerns throughout this process; Jewish Family Service believes that many worries can be relieved by a consultation with one of our licensed psychotherapists.
Reasons For Parents To Call JFS
- Mood changes: anxiety, fear, agitation, irritability
- Behavioral Problems in School
- Power struggles/conflict within the family
- Sibling rivalry/new child in the family
- Homework issues, power/control
- Adjustments to stepfamily life
- Behavioral changes at home or in school
- Withdrawal, self esteem issues
- Grief/separation anxiety
- Depression, sad or withdrawn behavior
- Poor social skills
JFS psychotherapists will spend time assessing your childâ€™s needs. This will include an evaluation of how your family can help the client. Recommendations will be provided to parents and may include:
- Information for parents contributing to their childâ€™s healthy development.
- Psychotherapists to work with teachers and other school professionals by providing ideas for helping the student.
- Ideas for collaboration with other professionals for an integrated treatment team approach.
- Counseling or psychotherapy for the child, adolescent, and or other family members.
- Information and referral services to other treatment, support, and/or educational programs.
For More Information or Appointment Call:
For more information, please contact Sophie Gluzkater via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (713) 667-9336, Children's Mental Health Services at JFS are supported by United Way of Greater Houston and, in part, with a grant from the Lillian Kaiser Foundation.