Raising children in these times can stress even the best of parents. It is reasonable to have questions and concerns throughout this process; Jewish Family Service believes that many worries can be relieved by a consultation with one of our licensed psychotherapists.
Reasons For Parents To Call JFS
- ADD or ADHD
- attachment issues
- child psychological abuse
- maltreatment/child sexual abuse
- persistent personality disturbance
- oppositional behaviors
- suicidal ideation
- any behaviors that cause significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning
JFS psychotherapists will spend time assessing your child's needs. This will include an evaluation of how your family can help the client. Recommendations will be provided to parents and may include:
- Information for parents contributing to their child's healthy development.
- Psychotherapists to work with teachers and other school professionals by providing ideas for helping the student.
- Ideas for collaboration with other professionals for an integrated treatment team approach.
- Counseling or psychotherapy for the child, adolescent, and or other family members.
- Information and referral services to other treatment, support, and/or educational programs.
For More Information or Appointment Call:
For more information, please contact Ada Cheung via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (713) 986-7832.
Children's Mental Health Services at JFS are supported by United Way of Greater Houston and, in part, with a grant from the Lillian Kaiser Foundation.